Those playing Company of Heroes 2 are in for a big content boost with the new “Turning Point,” update. The biggest add-on in the update is the World Builder, which allows players to create their own maps for multiplayer.
Along with the World Builder are other free add-ons including 2 multiplayer maps, and 4 new commanders. The premium content is where the meat of the update falls. Hit the jump to see just how much you get.
Turning Point – free update
- World Builder: This highly requested community feature enables players to design their own epic multiplayer maps for Company of Heroes 2
- New Multiplayer Maps: Two free multiplayer maps ‘Rails and Metal’ and ‘Lazur Factory’ added to the multiplayer rotation for all players to enjoy
- Four New Multiplayer Commanders: Four new Commanders, two per faction, are introduced into the game’s multiplayer and skirmish modes as part of ‘Turning Point’. One Commander from each faction was created by members of the Company of Heroes 2 community and will be available via registration at www.companyofheroes.com
Theatre of War – Victory at Stalingrad:
- Co-Op Scenario: Kalach Pincer – 70 kilometers west of Stalingrad, Soviet forces must move rapidly to secure key locations and resources about the town of Kalach before mounting the final attack on the vital bridge across the River Don
- Solo Challenge: Tatsinskaya Raid – The Red Army’s 24th Tank Corps is headed deep into enemy territory to take the German airfield at Tatsinskaya and destroy the aircraft that keeps trapped German forces supplied in Stalingrad
- Solo Challenge: Bridge Defense – Forced to wait for air units to be ready, the Red Army has had to delay Operation Uranus at the last minute. Irregular and Partisan forces have already moved to secure a key bridge across the Don River and must now hold out against determined German attacks
- AI Battle: Winter Storm – The Wehrmacht has launched Operation Winter Storm in an attempt to relieve their Sixth Army in Stalingrad. Soviet forces must block this attack to prevent the fascists from escaping the city
- AI Battle: Stalingrad Resistance – The Soviets defend the blown out Stalingrad inch by inch, all the while looking to the skies as the German Luftwaffe drops bombs on any target they can find
- AI Battle: Stalingrad Encirclement – Months of bloody close-quarter fighting have led to a decisive turning point for control of Stalingrad. Most of the German 6th Army has been left cut off and surrounded in the city. The Red Army must repulse a breakout attempt by the exhausted German forces
Miscellaneous premium DLC
- Three new Soviet skins: Bi-Tone Red Guards, Two-Tone Spring, Makeshift Sand
- Two New German Commanders:
– Elite Troops Doctrine: Utilize Germany’s most elite companies, using stronger base troops with added abilities
– Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine: Using the power of the Luftwaffe, keeping your troops on the front lines as long as possible, even if cut off!
- Two New Soviet Commanders:
– Soviet Industry Tactics: Using the built up soviet industry, making use of more and stronger vehicle units at the cost of infantry numbers
– Partisan Tactics: Making use of the Soviet Partisan network to harass enemies from behind the lines while destroying them with the soviet main army
So there you have it – the biggest update for the game yet. Anyone grabbing all the goodies? Now is the time to do it since Company of Heroes 2 is 33% off at Steam until November 16th.