Want the Dreamcast 2? Well for now this is the closest thing to it. Sega started promoting a Dreamcast theme for the PS3 in commemoration of the ongoing effort to repair Japan. The theme is completely free and totally awesome. I just installed it right before writing this article. The PS network is currently down, so if you can’t wait to get your hands on it hit the jump and I will walk you through the steps.
- Go here to download the American theme, or here for the European theme.
- Insert a USB memory stick into your computer.
- Create a new folder inside of the stick called PS3, caps do matter.
- Open your new folder and inside that make another new folder named THEME. Again make sure to do it in caps.
- Put the downloaded file into the THEME folder.
- Right click the file, go to rename and add .p3t to the end.
- Stick the USB drive into your PS3.
- Scroll over to Theme Settings.
- Select the top option Theme
- Go to the top where it says Install.
- Find your stick after you click install and select the theme from it.
If it doesn’t find a theme you probably didn’t do something right. Start over from step one and try again. Enjoy!